Cloudhouse produces software products to enable existing client-server and desktop applications to make use of cloud computing. The products include:
- Data Anywhere (DA) which enables Microsoft SQL Server based applications to operate with the database in the cloud or a remote data centre.
- DA includes Connection Virtualization (CV) which provides secure, reliable and performant TCP/IP connections across the internet.
- Application Anywhere (AA) which provides automated installation, update and licence management for Windows applications. In addition it includes virtualization technology allowing levels of platform independence.
- AA includes App Store, a web based application portal allowing an ISV or enterprise to provide a single download and licence control point for applications using Application Anywhere.
The role is based in the Cloudhouse Head Office, currently in White City.
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer in Test who can help with the delivery of high quality, high performance market leading applications. Somebody who is passionate about building defect free software rather than getting satisfaction from finding them.
The position offers a hands-on role where the individual will work within the Development team, reporting to the QA Manager and be responsible for defining and performing tests, building regression suites and enabling automation within their allocated work stream. The right candidate will be a strong believer in test driven development practices and will be comfortable championing them to the team
Working with Agile/Lean/XP product teams you’ll look to continually evolve delivery practices to ensure high quality software is delivered. Providing leadership, mentoring and support to the QA community you’ll contribute to the evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion within IT.
As a product company it is important that the products are thoroughly tested considering the various aspects of testing necessary to make the product robust, scalable and compatible across multiple platforms. As the products are expected to expand fast in the next couple of years, Automation is also key to ensure that the growing regression suite can be run frequently.
The individual will be responsible for the following:
- Hands on product testing including: Working with product owners to understand the scope of changes being introduced to the application stack, Working with developers to define acceptance criteria for each of those changes, Executing the functional and non-functional test cases, Preparing the test environments for customer applications ahead of test execution
- As a vital link between Product Owner and BA you’ll establish testing and acceptance criteria for product and project development
- The drive for automation will be at the heart of everything you do and you’ll support, enhance and maintain automated tests for fast feedback on the quality of software.
- Working with the team to define the best testing strategy, approach and tools
- Experience of TDD and/or BDD and be comfortable with some of the latest testing technology (Selenium, Webdriver, Jasmine, Cucumber, Specflow, Saucelabs, Jmeter)
- A strong background in test and great knowledge of Automation for web and mobile testing will have been a large part of your recent roles and you’ll have experience with web test automation scripting in either C# or Ruby
- Extensive experience of testing, including unit testing, integration, system and performance testing.
- Commercial experience of working in agile teams and an excellent understanding of agile testing practices.
- Good understanding of software design and architecture and will be able to advise on test approaches accordingly
- Good understanding of mocking, abstraction and contract boundaries
- Good knowledge on SQL
- Good knowledge of C# and/or C++
- GUI automation using Coded UI Tests, or similar, with experience of coding tests rather than just record & replay
- Sound understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Self-organising and good time management
- ISEB/ISTQB certification desirable
Salary range: On application